Sr High Parents Update – April 25
What is the church for anyways?
April, 25, 2012
This week we looked at some of the things that we do at church and gave some clarity. By giving the youth an explanation of why we do some of the things that we do, I believe that it will help them to see more meaning to it and become more involved. We also be looked at our role as the church in this world in terms of reaching the lost. We also took some time to learn how God wants us to function as the church and the role that He expects each one of us to play. We all have a purpose and a destiny as Christ’s representatives here on earth. Please take a look at some of the topics that may have been addressed in small groups this week and feel free to carry on the discussion with your youth!
- To break down some of the things that we do at church so that they at least understand why
- To remind the students that we each have a role to play in God’s Kingdom and to talk about what we can do to contribute to God’s work here on earth
- High’s and lows
- Did anything stick out from the message that you had questions about?
- Did you get a better understanding of the church from tonight’s message?
Dig a Little Deeper…
- One of the responsibilities of the church is to Minister to God
- What is something that you learned tonight about worship?
- What are some ways that worship can be a lifestyle?
- What can you do personally to contribute to the worship times that we have at youth?
- What dictates whether a worship service is good or bad?
- Is it the person leading OR you as an individual in the audience?
- Another responsibility that we have as the church is to Minister to its members
- Do you feel like this is a place where people have your back OR stab you in the back?
- Is there someone in this youth group that you feel you need to reach out to?
- What is something that you as a small group can do to contribute to the health of this youth ministry?
- Understanding the reasons why we do small groups each week, is there something that you can do personally to contribute to a healthier small group time?
- Another responsibility of the church is to Minister to the world
- What part do you think that you can play in the mission of the church?
- Do you feel sad for people that you know who do no know Christ?
- What are some things that you could do personally to reach out to people who do not know Christ?
- What can we do as a youth ministry to make sure that new people are welcome here?
- You could share how some of the things that you have done for the church are fulfilling to you (ie – being a youth leader)
- You could share how the church has been supportive to you through a difficult time
- Put an empty chair in the middle of your group and pray for someone you know who does not know Christ